Trending Topics: Matrescence – with Sarah Suhrstedt, Certified Birth Educator & Doula
Birthing babies. Teaching new parents. Just how scientifically real “mom brain” is and the physiological transition into motherhood. Listen now to the neonatal nerdout with certified birth educator and doula, Sarah Suhrstedt.
Last podcast episode until late fall! #vaginasareslinkies #illbeback
Sarah Suhrstedt, B.S., M.A.T., CCCE, SBD, Owner of SMART Birth Services
- NYT article on Matrescence: “The Birth of a Mother” by Alexandra Sacks, MD https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/08/well/family/the-birth-of-a-mother.html
- Dr. Sacks’ TEDTalk on matrescence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOsX_HnJtHU
- And one more article from Dr. Sacks here at Medium https://medium.com/@alexandrasacks/matrescence-what-is-it-bea6aa0450d0
- Scientific American® article on the gray matter loss that occurs with becoming a mother, by Catherine Caruso: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/pregnancy-causes-lasting-changes-in-a-womans-brain/ … “New mothers showed evidence of neural remodeling up to two years after giving birth”
Sarah’s Recommended Resources for Expectant Parents:
- Find yourself a doula! https://doulamatch.net/
- The Wonder Weeks book https://www.amazon.com/Wonder-Weeks-Stimulate-Development-Predictable/dp/9491882007 and App https://www.thewonderweeks.com/
- Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn by Penny Simkin https://www.amazon.com/Pregnancy-Childbirth-Newborn-4th-Complete/dp/143917511X
Music by: Wesley Price – LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/wesleypricemusic/
Editing by: Tara Voshell at Spooked Girl Productions - Instagram @spookedgirlproductions https://www.instagram.com/spookedgirlproductions/
Thank you to the Podcast Sponsor Saplacor’s “AEGIS” medical neonate wrap! Head to www.saplacor.com to get the wrap that helps facilitate skin-to-skin contact for the new moms and babies in your life. Use the discount code HEADTOTOE35 to get 35% off at checkout.