Jul 26th, 2018
Trending Topics: Speaking Tidal Volumes about RTs
From tank jockeys to ECMO pumps, Marie attempts to give RTs the spotlight they deserve. Special guests Chris Webb, RRT and Jon Inkrott, RRT, RRT-AACS, flight respiratory therapist.
“We are your best friend on your worst day.”
- American Association for Respiratory Care’s Virtual Museum http://museum.aarc.org/
- David Oshinsky’s book on the history of the polio vaccine – Polio: An American Story found on Amazon here https://www.amazon.com/Polio-American-David-M-Oshinsky/dp/0195307143
- What is ECMO? – Extra Corporeal Membranous Oxygenation. Basically, it is a machine that can replace heart and/or lungs in those that are so sick the kitchen sink isn’t working. Learn more here: https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1818617-overview
- The Checklist Manifesto by Atul Gawande – book we discussed about patient safety from the exalted surgeon/author… https://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/24/books/review/Jauhar-t.html
- Why Hospitals Should Fly by Jon J. Nance– the book about patient safety that I couldn’t remember the name of… http://www.jhconline.com/hard-lessons-why-hospitals-shoudl-fly.html
- Mallampati score – a score clinicians use to relay how difficult your airway will be to put a breathing tube down it
- To contact Jon Inkrott….Jon’s email: email@example.com Jon is also on LinkedIn! Contact him there and take a look at his professional articles which I couldn’t attach here.
- To hear EXTENDED interviews of Head-to-Toe podcast guests, visit patreon.com/mariemacmillan
- Podcast Episode Music brought to you by:
Thanks to the podcast sponsor Luxe Pillow – get better sleep tonight at luxepillow.com and use the coupon code headtotoe to get 10% off!
Writer / Podcast Host